Date: Nov 27-28, 2018
Cost: $500 per student
Location: Apeks Supercritical HQ, 150 Commerce Blvd. Johnstown, OH 43031
Contact us to sign up!
Click here to watch a snippet of a class he gave recently.
Aromatics produced via Carbon Dioxide Extraction (CO2 Extracts) have been around and in use for the past 15‐20 years. While some, like German Chamomile and Calendula have become commonplace within the aromatherapy world, there are still many CO2 Extracts with little to no information available.
In this 2 day workshop Mark will delve deeply into the world of CO2 Extracts, looking firstly at the production technology and how this affects the end product. He will compare and contrast a range of volatile and non‐volatile, Liquid, Select and Total CO2 Extracts with their essential and fixed oil counterparts and oleoresins, discussing safe and effective usage within topical and internal formulations.
Mark has over a decade of experience formulating with CO2 extracts, making him well placed to discuss their uses within the fields of cosmeceutical and aromatic therapy applications. His knowledge about how to incorporate these extracts in food and beverages for both therapeutic and non‐therapeutic use enables him to provide a broad range of practical and day to day examples. If you’ve been curious about using CO2 Extracts, this is the workshop to answer your questions.
- Provide an overview of what CO2 extracts are and how they compare to essential and expressed oils, absolutes and oleoresins.
Will cover how CO2 extracts are made and the differences between Liquid, Select, Total, volatile and non‐volatile extracts.
- Compare and contrast the chemistry of CO2 extracts to other aromatics such as essential oils.
- Discuss the various applications of CO2 extracts across a variety of dose forms and application techniques.
- Safe use and handling of 50+ CO2 extracts, recognising which extracts to watch for and the importance of dilution within formulating.
Professions that will benefit from this class:
- Personnel associated with the EO and aromatic extracts industries – distillers, extractors, chemists, retailers& wholesalers
People working within the food and beverage arena – chefs, bakers, chocolatiers
- Cosmetic and Nutraceutical Formulators
- Food and Beverage Formulators
- Herbalists and Naturopaths
- Natural Perfumers