We are looking for a personable and trustworthy person with mechanical and electrical knowledge to support our service department by carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team.
Apeks Supercritical has been designing and manufacturing botanical oil extraction systems that utilize subcritical and/or supercritical CO2 as a solvent since 2001. We are veteran owned and all of our systems are proudly built in Johnstown, Ohio with most parts and components produced in the USA.
Use technical knowledge, troubleshooting ability and communication skills to assist customers via phone, email and in person with installation, testing, diagnosing and maintenance of their Apeks extraction systems as well as training new and existing customers on using their Apeks equipment. Up to 50% of working days may be spent traveling and visiting customers all over the country. Tasks will be varied and include a lot of hands-on as well as computer usage and interaction with many people inside and outside of Apeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer locations to do service work, maintenance and training
- Handle incoming service request calls and emails in a friendly manner when not traveling
- Troubleshoot with customers over the phone using manual, diagrams and other technical resources
- Be ready to act as an Apeks representative and point of contact for customers and non-customers
- Take care of parts and consumables related needs and shipping
- Build small assemblies and test components
- Assumes any other job responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the department or company
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Substantial professional or extensive personal experience with mechanics and electronics
- Average or better computer skills including MS office
- Self-motivated with a strong analytical mindset and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically able to lift and move heavy objects if needed along with reasonable mobility and flexibility
- Ability to troubleshoot AC and DC electrical circuits using DMM and Ammeter.
- Identify components in electrical schematics, to include DC power supplies, pressure transducers, fuses, circuit breakers, motor starters, relays, and thermocouples
- Experience with pneumatic components and circuits
- High proficiency with mechanic’s tools as well as familiarity with machine fasteners and generalized hardware and shop equipment
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of power transmission systems, belt, pulleys, gears, driveshafts
- Experience with industrial plumbing components and assembly practices; pipe, compression, flare fittings; tubing, hoses and pipes
- Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning principals of operation