The Apeks Introductory Series: i.2000-5LD
Depending on the type of extractions, the i.2000-5LD can pay for itself in less than two weeks!Pricing & ROI
Featuring the Apeks Diaphragm Compressor Technology, the i.2000-5LD provides cold separation processing and 20 to 50% faster extractions while consuming half the power!
Compact and fully automated with subcritical and supercritical CO2 extractions capabilities. Ideal for start-ups, product development and R & D.View i.2000-5LD Layout View i.2000-5LD Side Mount Layout View i.2000-5LD Electrical Requirements
Features and Benefits
- Quick Processing (20 to 50% faster extractions compared to air driven systems).
- Energy-Efficient — Regenerative heat transfer reduces overall energy consumption as much as 50%. Jacketed vessels and water re-circulation allow for capture and transfer of heat through extraction cycle.
- No Clogging — With the Apeks Valveless Expansion Technology (US Patent No. 9132363), there are no regulating valves used in the separation process that can cause clogging of product
- Greater Yields — Simple fractional extraction and cold separation processes preserve volatile oils for higher- quality, higher-quantity yields.
- Extraction Efficient — Extraction media is contained in extraction vessel with integral filters. Filters also act as a liquid CO2 dispersant to avoid channeling in the product. Reversible flow through the extractor ensures all material is extracted.
- Waste Heat Elimination — Motor-driven system completely eliminates the waste heat that is produced by compressed air drive systems. This reduces facility air conditioning loads and eliminates the need for ductwork to manage the waste heat.
- New Compression-Style Orifice – Improves the flow of CO2 (speeds up processing). New device also eliminates the need for Teflon tape and pipe fittings which can cause premature shutdowns.
- Lights-Out Automation — Automated controls (ensure consistent results) and optional internet messaging (email/text notification of system condition changes). Requires little training and supervision.
- Easy to Understand — Open-frame design and visual indication of valve positions allow for easy assessment of flow paths and system configuration. No mysterious boxes with inlet/outlet connections on the outside.
- Production Friendly — system timer help users efficiently run their extractions.
- Low Maintenance – With fewer moving parts (i.e., a stainless steel disc diaphragm versus seals that slide), the Diaphragm Compressor Technology demonstrates greater reliability and lower maintenance costs (as much as 80% lower).
- Easy to Clean — All stainless steel construction. Vessels have polished interiors and quick opening/closing mechanisms. All tubing can be removed and re-assembled for thorough cleaning. Separators/collection vessels use FDA sanitary style fittings and connections.
- Ambient Noise Reduction — Diaphragm Compressor Technology eliminates the need for a costly commercial compressed air system, reducing ambient noise levels up to 75%.
- Multiple Electrical Options — Runs on single phase 230v or 3-phase 208v, 230v, 460v
- Environmentally Friendly — Allows for 90% CO2 gas recovery, saving operational costs.
- Compact Design.
Safety & Long-Term Reliability
- All vessels are designed and manufactured in accordance with ASME specifications and pressure ratings.
- Redundant safety features protect the system from accidental over pressurization.
- Tubing connections are made with proven compression-fitting technology – the same fittings are used on aircraft and off-shore oil platforms.
- Non-isolable pressure gauges are on each pressure-containing vessel for visual verification of depressurization prior to opening.
- Certified UL listed, meeting the nationally recognized UL Standards for Safety.