The Apeks Introductory Series: i.1500-1L Benchtop
Small enough to sit on a counter-top, this system is designed for start-ups and small sample runs. No complicated control systems or computer interfaces. “Set it and forget it” operation.
Simply hook up the CO2 cylinder and push start – the system does the rest automatically!View i.1500-1L Layout
See how quickly the i.1500-1L can pay for itself!Pricing & ROI
Features and Benefits
- No Clogging — With Apeks Valveless Expansion Technology (Patent No. 9132363), there are no regulating valves used in the separation process that can cause clogging of product.
- Efficient — Extraction media is contained in extraction vessel with integral filters. Filters also act as a liquid CO2 dispersant to avoid channeling in the product. Reversible flow through the extractor ensures all material is extracted.
- Greater Yields — Simple fractional extraction and cold separation processes preserve volatile oils for higher- quality, higher-quantity yields.
- Less Maintenance- – Proprietary CO2 pump seal material extends life of pump seal.
- New Compression-Style Orifice- – Improves the flow of CO2 (speeds up processing). New device also eliminates the need for Teflon tape and pipe fittings which can cause premature shutdowns.
- Live-loaded valve packing seals to compensate for temperature variation.
- Just hook up the CO2 cylinder and push start!
- Easy to assess flow paths and system configuration with visual indication of valve positions.
- Simple electronic water flow switch to shut system down if re-circulating chiller is not operating.
- Easy to clean — All stainless steel construction. Vessels have polished interiors and quick opening/closing mechanisms. All tubing can be removed and re-assembled for thorough cleaning. Separators/collection vessels use FDA sanitary-style fittings and connections.
- Quiet, 110V electrical pump.
- Small footprint — Designed to minimize space requirements, fits on a bench/counter. All operations occur from the front of the system.
Safety & Long-Term Reliability
- All vessels are designed and manufactured in accordance with ASME specifications and pressure ratings.
- Redundant safety features protect the system from accidental over pressurization.
- Tubing connections are made with proven compression-fitting technology — the same fittings are used on aircraft and off-shore oil platforms.
- Non-isolable pressure gauges are on each pressure-containing vessel for visual verification of depressurization prior to opening.
- Certified UL listed, meeting the nationaly recognized UL Standards for Safety.