The Apeks Introductory Series: i.1500-1L Benchtop
Act fast if you want to buy one! This series will be discontinued by the end of June 2017. We have FIVE left in stock!
Small enough to sit on a counter-top, this system is designed for start-ups and small sample runs. No complicated control systems or computer interfaces. “Set it and forget it” operation.
Simply hook up the CO2 cylinder and push start – the system does the rest automatically!View i.1500-1L Layout View i.1500-1L Electrical Requirements
See how quickly the i.1500-1L can pay for itself!Pricing & ROI
Features and Benefits
- No Clogging — With Apeks Valveless Expansion Technology (Patent No. 9132363), there are no regulating valves used in the separation process that can cause clogging of product.
- Efficient — Extraction media is contained in extraction vessel with integral filters. Filters also act as a liquid CO2 dispersant to avoid channeling in the product. Reversible flow through the extractor ensures all material is extracted.
- Greater Yields — Simple fractional extraction and cold separation processes preserve volatile oils for higher- quality, higher-quantity yields.
- Less Maintenance- – Proprietary CO2 pump seal material extends life of pump seal.
- New Compression-Style Orifice- – Improves the flow of CO2 (speeds up processing). New device also eliminates the need for Teflon tape and pipe fittings which can cause premature shutdowns.
- Live-loaded valve packing seals to compensate for temperature variation.
- Just hook up the CO2 cylinder and push start!
- Simple electronic water flow switch to shut system down if re-circulating chiller is not operating.
- Easy to clean — All stainless steel construction. Vessels have polished interiors and quick opening/closing mechanisms. All tubing can be removed and re-assembled for thorough cleaning. Separators/collection vessels use FDA sanitary-style fittings and connections.
- Quiet, 110V electrical pump.
- Small footprint — Designed to minimize space requirements, fits on a bench/counter. All operations occur from the front of the system.
Safety & Long-Term Reliability
- All vessels are designed and manufactured in accordance with ASME specifications and pressure ratings.
- Redundant safety features protect the system from accidental over pressurization.
- Tubing connections are made with proven compression-fitting technology — the same fittings are used on aircraft and off-shore oil platforms.
- Non-isolable pressure gauges are on each pressure-containing vessel for visual verification of depressurization prior to opening.