Apeks is Growing – Explore Our Career Opportunities Today!
Growth is good for everyone – it is good for the company (more revenue), it is good for the employees (more opportunities for professional development and advancement) and it is good for the community (more jobs and more tax revenue for schools, parks, roads, etc). Apeks Supercritical was on the INC 5000 for 3 years (2015-2017) as one of the fastest growing private companies in America and is also the Top 10 Columbus Business First Fastest Growing Private Companies in Central Ohio from 2014-2016! This is your opportunity to get in early with a company that is growing and make an impact on yourself and your community!
We offer paid time-off, 401k with 3% company contribution (no match required!), flexible schedule and profit sharing potential! All positions have a 90 day review period after which the position can convert to permanent employment. We also offer health, vision and dental insurance.
If you are a motivated, independent worker who likes to work with minimal supervision please review the open positions listed below and submit your contact information and resume/CV (please submit in PDF, DOC, JPG format – no DOCX files, please!). We will review and follow up with you if there is a good fit!
Apeks Supercritical currently has the following positions available:
Technical Sales Representative
Apeks Supercritical is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of a Technical Sales Representative. Responsibilities include developing and driving sales opportunities of our full range of Supercritical CO2 extraction equipment. This position is intended to develop into a Territory Manager position in 6-12 months. This position will be initially based out of our Columbus, Ohio manufacturing headquarters.
The desired candidate should be a self starter in developing and implementing a Business Plan, working closely with the other Territory Managers as well as marketing colleagues to deliver aggressive call cycle and business development results. This will include account visits, prospecting, and business development activities including seminars, workshops, on site technical presentations at customer accounts and support of trade shows. A keen understanding of the customers’ needs and challenges will be developed followed by the design and communication of our solutions such that they convey meaningful business impact to our customers.
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an annual basis
- Maintain installed base customer satisfaction and follow up with existing customers
- Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts positioning compelling advantages of Apeks Supercritical extraction technologies
- Visit customers on a daily basis to highlight Apeks Supercritical solutions and understand and assist customers with their challenges
- Build technical competency on Apeks Supercritical solutions to act as a credible resource to customers
- Keep current on vertical markets dynamics, application trends, and competitive information through communications with marketing and our strategic customers
- Provide information to marketing team to create business development programs
- Fully utilize of our Customer Relationship Management software, and enter activities and opportunities on a daily basis
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts for each quarter of the year
- Develop business through plans of action with the Territory Managers and Marketing, which are reviewed and prioritized on a monthly basis
- Timely follow up of leads that come in through our marketing programs
- Degree in scientific areas such as chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
- At least 3 years technical sales experience. Professional sales training is a plus
- Action orientation and self-driven for results; should be a fast learner of new technologies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good organization / planning / time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener, ability to work in a sales matrix environment
- Matured disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
- Adaptive to dynamic and changing environment
We are looking for an experienced Service Engineer to support our Service department. A successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Perform onsite customer training for all series of Apeks Systems
- Perform module installations at customer’s site which includes running flexible compressed air lines, mechanical work and re-programming of controller
- Perform onsite customer service calls that can include diaphragm(s) replacement, oil changes, troubleshooting system issues, etc…
- Handle incoming service calls of existing customers which can include troubleshooting, parts identification and warranty items
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits using digital multimeter and ammeter
- Troubleshoot machine operation using Process and Instrumentation Diagram, and programming software
- Identify components in electrical schematics, to include DC power supplies, pressure transducers, fuses, circuit breakers, motor starters, relays, and thermocouples
- Connect pc to PLC and download or upload programs using Rockwell software (RSLinx, Studio 5000, Connected Components Workbench with USB and/or Ethernet IP).
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PF500 series drives
- Install or replace AC induction motors up to 15HP, including alignment and belt tension on belt drive system
- Work independently or as a member of a team to solve problems
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of power transmission systems (RPM/sheave diameters/belt sizes/QD bushings)
- Work directly with customers while representing Apeks in a professional manner
- Travel when necessary. Up to 50 – 75% of the time
- Salary $80,000-$90,000/year, depending on experience
- Excellent safety record
In addition, the ideal Service Engineer would have the following:
- Experience with pumps, specifically of a packed plunger or diaphragm compressor design
- Knowledge of National Electric Code
- At least 3 yrs. experience in a skilled trades environment
- HVAC (because our systems work similarly to an AC system)
- Compression fitting knowledge/experience (i.e. Swagelok)
- Tube bending experience
- College degree, preferably in an engineering field.
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- 5 yr. experience in a service related position.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel/rent cars
- At least 21 years of age