Apeks is Growing – Explore Our Career Opportunities Today!
Growth is good for everyone – it is good for the company (more revenue), it is good for the employees (more opportunities for professional development and advancement) and it is good for the community (more jobs and more tax revenue for schools, parks, roads, etc). Apeks Supercritical was on the INC 5000 for 3 years (2015-2017) as one of the fastest growing private companies in America and is also the Top 10 Columbus Business First Fastest Growing Private Companies in Central Ohio from 2014-2016! This is your opportunity to get in early with a company that is growing and make an impact on yourself and your community!
We offer paid time-off, 401k with 3% company contribution (no match required!), flexible schedule and profit sharing potential! All positions have a 90 day review period after which the position can convert to permanent employment. We also offer health, vision and dental insurance.
If you are a motivated, independent worker who likes to work with minimal supervision please review the open positions listed below and submit your contact information and resume/CV (please submit in PDF, DOC, JPG format – no DOCX files, please!). We will review and follow up with you if there is a good fit!
Apeks Supercritical currently has the following positions available:
Technical Sales Representative
Apeks Supercritical is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of a Technical Sales Representative. Responsibilities include developing and driving sales opportunities of our full range of Supercritical CO2 extraction equipment. This position is intended to develop into a Territory Manager position in 6-12 months. This position will be initially based out of our Columbus, Ohio manufacturing headquarters.
The desired candidate should be a self starter in developing and implementing a Business Plan, working closely with the other Territory Managers as well as marketing colleagues to deliver aggressive call cycle and business development results. This will include account visits, prospecting, and business development activities including seminars, workshops, on site technical presentations at customer accounts and support of trade shows. A keen understanding of the customers’ needs and challenges will be developed followed by the design and communication of our solutions such that they convey meaningful business impact to our customers.
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an annual basis
- Maintain installed base customer satisfaction and follow up with existing customers
- Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts positioning compelling advantages of Apeks Supercritical extraction technologies
- Visit customers on a daily basis to highlight Apeks Supercritical solutions and understand and assist customers with their challenges
- Build technical competency on Apeks Supercritical solutions to act as a credible resource to customers
- Keep current on vertical markets dynamics, application trends, and competitive information through communications with marketing and our strategic customers
- Provide information to marketing team to create business development programs
- Fully utilize of our Customer Relationship Management software, and enter activities and opportunities on a daily basis
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts for each quarter of the year
- Develop business through plans of action with the Territory Managers and Marketing, which are reviewed and prioritized on a monthly basis
- Timely follow up of leads that come in through our marketing programs
- Degree in scientific areas such as chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
- At least 3 years technical sales experience. Professional sales training is a plus
- Action orientation and self-driven for results; should be a fast learner of new technologies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good organization / planning / time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener, ability to work in a sales matrix environment
- Matured disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
- Adaptive to dynamic and changing environment
Apeks Supercritical is looking for an experienced Procurement/Inventory Specialist to support our day shift production operation. The Procurement.Inventory Specialist is a critical position within our manufacturing team that is responsible for all materials purchases, maintaining proper inventory counts, placing orders for materials/equipment as needed to support production, and communicating status of orders with internal customers.
The desired candidate will be an experienced negotiator and comfortable with holding suppliers accountable for delivery and quality and reporting status of orders to the sales team as well as the manufacturing department.
Salary range starts at $60K based on experience and capabilities.
• Negotiate with different suppliers for price, quality, timeliness and other factors.
• Monitor all purchase orders and maintain regular follow up with all suppliers.
• Perform routine inventory counts.
• Work closely with production manager to ensure proper flow of goods through the ERP system to accurately reflect inventory levels at each stage of the MFG process (Raw material, WIP, Finished Goods).
• Arrange to expedite with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods when needed.
• Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact suppliers to resolve problems
• Continuously evaluate purchasing process and vendors to identify opportunities for improvement and streamlining
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 5 years of related purchasing/buying experience in manufacturing or an industrial environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid computer skills
• Familiarity with ERP software is preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to follow through with ongoing projects
• Must pass background check
• Wiliness to work overtime when needed.
• Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
• Must have reliable transportation