Apeks is Growing – Explore Our Career Opportunities Today!
Growth is good for everyone – it is good for the company (more revenue), it is good for the employees (more opportunities for professional development and advancement) and it is good for the community (more jobs and more tax revenue for schools, parks, roads, etc). Apeks Supercritical is the 2016 INC 500 236th fastest growing private company in America and is also the 2016 Columbus Business First 6th Fastest Growing Private Company in Central Ohio! This is your opportunity to get in early with a company that is growing and make an impact on yourself and your community!
We offer paid time-off, 401k with 3% company contribution (no match required!), flexible schedule and profit sharing potential! All positions have a 90 day review period after which the position can convert to permanent employment. We also offer health, vision and dental insurance.
If you are a motivated, independent worker who likes to work with minimal supervision please review the open positions listed below and submit your contact information and resume/CV. We will review and follow up with you if there is a good fit!
Apeks Supercritical currently has the following positions available:
We are looking for an experienced Service Engineer to support our Service department. A successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Perform onsite customer training for all series of Apeks Systems
- Perform module installations at customer’s site which includes running flexible compressed air lines, mechanical work and re-programming of controller
- Perform onsite customer service calls that can include diaphragm(s) replacement, oil changes, troubleshooting system issues, etc…
- Handle incoming service calls of existing customers which can include troubleshooting, parts identification and warranty items
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits using digital multimeter and ammeter
- Troubleshoot machine operation using Process and Instrumentation Diagram, and programming software
- Identify components in electrical schematics, to include DC power supplies, pressure transducers, fuses, circuit breakers, motor starters, relays, and thermocouples
- Connect pc to PLC and download or upload programs using Rockwell software (RSLinx, Studio 5000, Connected Components Workbench with USB and/or Ethernet IP).
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PF500 series drives
- Install or replace AC induction motors up to 15HP, including alignment and belt tension on belt drive system
- Work independently or as a member of a team to solve problems
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of power transmission systems (RPM/sheave diameters/belt sizes/QD bushings)
- Work directly with customers while representing Apeks in a professional manner
- Travel when necessary. Up to 50 – 75% of the time
- Excellent safety record
In addition, the ideal Service Engineer would have the following:
- Experience with pumps, specifically of a packed plunger or diaphragm compressor design
- Knowledge of National Electric Code
- At least 3 yrs. experience in a skilled trades environment
- HVAC (because our systems work similarly to an AC system)
- Compression fitting knowledge/experience (i.e. Swagelok)
- Tube bending experience
- High School Diploma
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- 5 yr. experience in a service related position.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel/rent cars
- At least 21 years of age